Backtalk Papaya Interface Help
Since you have not logged in, some functions described here are not
You accessed help from the "read" page. Things
you might want to do from this page include:
- Respond to the item you are reading.
- There is a box at the bottom of the page where you can enter your own
response to this item.
Note that you can edit the version of your name that will be attached
to this particular response. You may also be able to select between
several different formatting options.
- Plain Text
- Response is displayed just as you typed it in.
- Pure HTML
- HTML tags may be embedded in your response. Note that unclosed
tags will automatically be closed, and especially obnoxious HTML
constructs will be automatically deleted.
- Lazy HTML
- Same as pure HTML, except blank lines are automatically turned into
These options may not be available in some conferences.
- Go to another item.
item links will
goto the next or previous selected item. If you are reading new
responses, this will be the next or previous new item. If you are
reading all responses, this will be the immediate next or previous
- See older responses.
- Normally you are only shown the new responses. If you want to go back
and see some older ones too, the "Redisplay" control at the bottom of
the screen will do it for you.
- Preserve the item as unread.
If the item was new, and you still want it to be new the next time
you come back, the use the
button at the
bottome of the screen.
- Forget the item.
Use the button at the
top or bottom of the page if you never want to see this item again.
- Hide one of your postings.
- If a "hide" link appears next to your message, then clicking on it
will hide that response. It will not be show by default, but other
users will still be able to see it by clicking on a link. This is
a good thing to do with really long postings that are not of universal
interest. You can reverse this by clicking on the "unhide" link that
will appear next your hidden responses.
- Delete one of your postings.
- If a "delete" link appears next to your message, then clicking on it
will delete that message. It will no longer be possible for anyone
to read this response. This is not reversable.
- Retitle one of your items.
- If a "retitle" link appears next to the item title, you can click this
to change the title of the item.
- Edit one of your responses.
- If an "edit" link appears next to your responses, then you can edit the
text of the response. This is not enabled on all systems.
- Enter a new item.
- Want to start a new topic of conversation? Use the
button at the top of
- Go to a different conference.
- You can use the
buttons to go to the
next or previous conference on your hot list. Or you can use the links
at the bottom of the screen to return to the main menu to select a new
conference or to type in the name of a conference you want to jump to.
- Backtalk version 1.4.6 / Papaya version 1.1.4 - Copyright 1996-2005, Jan Wolter and Steve Weiss